Employee turnover is a big concern today in the changing airline industry. The business model today is for low airline fares, which has led to bigger hiring challenges. Having an aviation staffing company like A&M Solutions to help you find the right employee, for the right job is golden. Below are some key ways to reduce aviation employee turnover.
1. Know what the standard of pay and benefits is within the aviation industry. There is research data available to find the average, for a particular job classification. You are not going to retain a good pilot if his salary, and benefits vary greatly from the norm. You will need this information to make sure aviation employees are compensated adequately.
2. Make sure the potential aviation employee fits into your company culture. There are various cultures within small or worldwide companies. Making sure the candidate fits into this culture from the beginning will save the company thousands of dollars in the long run.
3. The aviation industry can take an employee away from home for weeks, so offering flexible schedules to let them spend quality time with family is key for reducing employee turnover. Aviation employees are doing what they love, but they need quality time off.
4. Make sure to offer your employees career advancement to retain the best. Without this availability, employees are very likely to move on to better opportunities. Security of a long career is key to preventing turnover.
5. Make sure to administer proper tests and qualification criteria before hiring to reduce employee turnover.
A&M Solutions can help with all your aviation staffing needs, reducing employee turnover, contact us today.